In honor of Earth Day today, we invite the Pushna Family to celebrate Tree Pose with us through a Tree Pose Challenge! This foundational pose is exactly what’s needed during quarantine – grounding while uplifting. Share photos of you and yours practicing tree pose – wherever you are – for a chance to win some great prizes. We will randomly select winners.
- One free week of unlimited yoga classes at Pushna Wellness
- Pushna Swag Bag
- Meditation Journal
How to Participate:
- Share a photo of you doing tree pose
- Check in at Pushna Wellness on Facebook or Instagram
- Tag 3 people to join the challenge
Watch the video for a step-by-step tutorial on how to do Tree Pose.
Helpful tips as you watch the video:
- Start in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) with feet hip distance apart.
- Move off the mat and practice on a hard surface (tile, hardwood).
- Start tree pose with your toes on the Earth to first establish your alignment, then work your foot onto the calf or thigh if you feel stable (just NOT the knee).
- Press the foot into the leg, leg into the foot.
- Bring your awareness to your feet grounding in and the spine lifts up and rises out of the pelvis
- Keep the hips centered over the feet vs. shooting out to the side to counterbalance
- Smile and relax the jaw and face!